Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go if I have questions about statnet?
The best way to contact us with questions, comments or suggestions is through the statnet users group listserv. You can use the listserv to:
- get help from the statnet development team (and other users)
- post questions, comments and ideas to other users
- be informed about statnet updates
- learn about bugs (and bug fixes)
To post and receive messages from this listserv, you need to join the statnet users group.
How do I join the statnet users group?
Instructions are at: https://mailman.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/statnet_help
Once you have joined the group, you can post your questions and comments to statnet_help at u.washington.edu
A full list of all messages posted to this list is available at http://mailman.u.washington.edu/pipermail/statnet_help/
FAQs with online responses
- How can I interpret the coefficients for a gw* term (gwdegree, gw*sp)?
There are two papers that provide the technical details:
- Hunter and Handcock, JCGS 2006 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1198/106186006X133069?journalCode=ucgs20
- Hunter, Social Networks 2007 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2031865/
Some other less technical resources on how to think about interpreting the coefficients: